My dog has been having some...uhm...behavioral issues as of late. I decided to make some doggy treats to help incentivize good behavior! I know puppies love molasses and peanut butter so I looked for something containing those things to tempt my dog, Artemis. She LOVES molasses and peanut butter!!!
So Artie has been barking as soon as she gets put into her kennel lately and she won't stop. I've decided to reward her if she stays quiet the first time I say No. She seems to be doing a lot better now! I used treats to potty train her, too!
Here's the actual recipe:
Ingredients:
4 Tbsp molasses
1/2 C peanut butter
1 C water
6 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 C old fashioned oats
2 C whole wheat flour
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Whisk together molasses, peanut butter, water, and vegetable oil.
Combine oats & flour. Slowly add to the wet ingredients.
Mix thoroughly, drop tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet, and press down.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until firm.
Treats will keep well in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
Here's nutrition information on the treats. Special thanks to TheDaycareLady for sharing this recipe!!!
Let me know what your fur babies think of these :)
PS kitties can have all the ingredients in here, but too much peanut butter can give them diarrhea so don't let kitty overindulge!
No comments:
Post a Comment